May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Can people predict the future with cards?
My mother can.
Really?
Yes, she takes one look at my report card and tells me what will happen when my father gets back home.



"It takes a woman twenty years to make a man of her son, and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him."

-- Helen Rowland



"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."

-- Mark Twain



"My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it."

-- Buddy Hackett



"A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary."

-- Dorothy Canfield Fisher



"A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest."

-- Irish Proverb



"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy.

No man does. That's his."

--Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895



"The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother."

-- Theodore M. Hesburgh


Posted by Scott W. Yates, MD, MBA, MS, FACP