December 7, 2010

Meet Dr. Michael Martin

Good Morning!

For those of you whom I've not had the pleasure of meeting in person, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Michael Martin, the new internist at the Center for Executive Medicine. There's been a lot going on in the office recently but now that Dr. Yates is back in business things are starting to take on a more normal appearance. I was pleased to have met some of you while Dr. Yates was out, and will be happy to see you in the future if there's anything you need. I may fill in from time to time if Dr. Yates or Dr. Schrader are out of town or unavailable so I will likely get to know many of you. Also, if you happen to be in the office I may just poke my head in the room to introduce myself and put a face to your name.

I'm a Texan through and through. I was born in Houston and raised in a small town in east Texas. I joined the military out of high school in an effort to see the world but God and country thought best to keep me close to home, so I never actually left the state during that time. I chased a pretty girl down to Beaumont, who later married me (after figuring out that she couldn't get rid of me) and then blessed me with twin boys. After receiving my bachelors at Lamar University I went to UT Houston for medical school. Then it was back to the northern border where I finished my residency in Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern. And that's a brief explanation of how I ended up here!

I'm very excited to be a part of the Center for Executive Medicine as I feel this is the way all medicine should be practiced. One of the problems in many doctor's offices is the lack of personal attention and interaction between the patients and physicians. I feel it creates a feeling of dissatisfaction among both patients and doctors. This is what drove me to the type of medicine practiced at the Center for Executive Medicine. Personal attention without looking at the clock leads to fewer errors, better health and a greater sense of satisfaction. Those are my goals each time we see you and if there is ever a time I don't meet those expectations, I'd like you to tell me about it.

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed holiday season!

Michael Martin, MD